Ephrata Area Joint Authority (EAJA)
Meeting Schedule for 2022
Thursday January 13, 2022
Thursday February 10,2022
Thursday March 10, 2022
Thursday April 14,2022
Thursday May 12, 2022
Thursday June 9,2022
Thursday July 14, 2022
Thursday August 11,2022
Thursday September 8, 2022
Thursday October 13, 2022
Thursday November 10, 2022
Thursday December 8, 2022
All meetings will convene at 7:00 PM in the Ephrata Borough Hall conference room, 124 S State St, Ephrata, PA.
MembersThe following members are part of the authority and each represents a specific area:
- Thomas Reinhold, Chairman, representing Ephrata Borough
- Gary Landis, Vice Chair, representing Clay Township
- Steve Sawyer, Treasurer, representing, Ephrata Township
- Gregory Schmuck, Assistant Treasurer, representing Clay Township
- Timothy Barr, Member, representing Ephrata Borough
- Clark Stauffer, Member, representing Ephrata Township
- Michael McKenna, Secretary
Duties & Authority InformationThe Ephrata Area Joint Authority (EAJA) is comprised of three municipalities: Ephrata Borough, Ephrata Township, and Clay Township. Authority members serve five-year staggered terms with each municipality appointing two members. The primary purpose of the authority is to provide water utilities to the member municipalities.
The Borough of Ephrata is the contract manager for the Authority Water System. The authority produces over 700 million gallons of water annually to serve more than 8,000 customers in the three-municipality area.
Of the two million gallons of water used daily approximately one half comes from the Cocalico Creek and the other half comes from groundwater wells. EAJA also has four storage tanks that can store a two-day supply of water.
The authority is continually upgrading the distribution system to improve service and reduce water losses.