Description of Services
About the Code Enforcement Division
The Ephrata Borough Codes Division provides for the public health, safety, and welfare of the community, through the administration of local, state, and federal codes. These codes regulate the use and maintenance of public and private real estate and structures.
The Codes Division is responsible for the following areas:
- Investigating complaints
- Reviewing structural, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plot plans
- Issuing building / zoning permits
- Inspecting construction in progress
- Rental unit inspection and permits
- Yard sale permits
- Issuing Certificates of Occupancy and Change of Use Permits
- Issuing violation notices and citations
Most services can be addressed through the mail, if necessary.
Ephrata Borough is defined by various zoning districts, each with distinct permitted uses. These districts include residential (low density, medium density, and high density), light manufacturing, neighborhood commercial, central business, linear park, general industrial, highway commercial, planned mixed use, and conservation. Each district has specific regulations including set backs, building height, parking requirements, and signage requirements.
Fees are as follows:
- Zoning Hearing Board Application Filing Fees
- $500 - Residential, one and two family
- $600 - Commercial / industrial / institutional
- A copy of the Zoning Ordinance and map
- Map only