Building / Zoning Permits
Applications for building permits must be filed and a permit must be issued prior to any construction taking place. Basic residential permit fees are $50 for the first $1,000 of construction costs and $8 for each additional $1,000. Basic non-residential permit fees are $100 for the first $1,000 of construction costs and $8 for each additional $1,000.
Depending on your individual application, other fees such as recreation, water, or sewer fees may be applicable. All construction inspection fees are billed separately at a cost of $50 per inspection and residential electrical inspections are typically $70 each. Your building permit must be displayed at a visible location on the property during any construction or remodeling taking place.
Please click here to view a Building Permit Fee Chart.
Construction Requiring Permits
Permits are required for the following:
- All new building construction
- Building additions
- Major remodeling (any structural change)
- Conversion of unfinished space into living space
- Accessory structures
- Retaining walls
- Swimming pool, both above ground and in ground
- All signs
- Demolition of any building or structure
- Curb and sidewalk installation and replacement along a street
- Replacement of roofing materials only if structural modifications are needed
- Paving of a stoned or unpaved area.
Construction Not Requiring Permits
Permits are not required for the following:
- Installing or replacing siding, downspouts, or gutters
- Replacement of doors or windows
- Replacement of roofing materials if no structural modifications are needed
- Sidewalk installation and replacement not along a street