The Ephrata Recreation Center was founded in 1951, as a not-for-profit corporation to provide recreational services at a reasonable cost. For the first 27 years the center occupied an old Armory on Cloister Avenue, and in 1978, it moved to its present location at 130 South Academy Drive. The 65,000 square foot center is governed by a Board of Directors and employs a professional staff that offers over 100 guaranteed programs, for every conceivable age, gender, and interest group serving 11,000 plus participants.
The facilities include a
Whirlpool and sauna
Babysitting services are also available. Leisure time programming is offered for all life stages from pre-school to senior citizens. Programs are varied and designed to meet everyone’s interests.
Some activities include
Youth and adult art
For hours of operation, a schedule of current activities or more information, please visit their website, or call member services at 717-738-1167.