- Boards & Commissions
- Ephrata Area Joint Authority (EAJA)
Ephrata Area Joint Authority (EAJA)
The Ephrata Area Joint Authority typically meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM in the Ephrata Borough Hall council chamber, 124 S State St, Ephrata, PA.
For the most up to date information on meeting dates and Agendas visit our Municipal Calendar.
MembersThe following members are part of the authority and each represents a specific area:
- Thomas Reinhold, Chairman, representing Ephrata Borough
- Gary Landis, Vice Chair, representing Clay Township
- Steve Sawyer, Treasurer, representing, Ephrata Township
- Gregory Schmuck, Assistant Treasurer, representing Clay Township
- Timothy Barr, Member, representing Ephrata Borough
- Clark Stauffer, Member, representing Ephrata Township
- Nancy Harris, Interim Secretary
Duties & Authority InformationThe Ephrata Area Joint Authority (EAJA) is comprised of three municipalities: Ephrata Borough, Ephrata Township, and Clay Township. Authority members serve five-year staggered terms with each municipality appointing two members. The primary purpose of the authority is to provide water utilities to the member municipalities.
The Borough of Ephrata is the contract manager for the Authority Water System. The authority produces over 700 million gallons of water annually to serve more than 8,000 customers in the three-municipality area.
Of the two million gallons of water used daily approximately one half comes from the Cocalico Creek and the other half comes from groundwater wells. EAJA also has four storage tanks that can store a two-day supply of water.
The authority is continually upgrading the distribution system to improve service and reduce water losses.